|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:|
We pride ourselves on providing the best possible care for our residents and our ability to make them feel like family within a loving home. We need you to be like minded in this approach, valuing the small things which are important to each of our residents.
We are now looking to recruit a number of Care Assistants - Nights to work 24-36 hours per week. The shifts are from 8.00 p.m. to 8.00 a.m. and all roles will require alternate weekend working on a rota basis and flexibility to potentially cover additional shifts occasionally.
Brendoncare Alton provides residential and nursing care for 80 people, as well as care for people living with dementia. A close care complex adjoins the home providing the independence and security of home ownership, together with access to many caring and communal facilities, giving peace of mind.
What will I be doing?
- Providing personal care to clients that is person centered and respects individual choices;
- Providing additional care and support as required when a client is unwell or towards end of life;
- Acting as a Key-worker to a number of clients;
- Using personal knowledge and experience of working with those individuals to support the nurses in writing and reviewing care plans;
- Documenting care given and record any changes or abnormalities in the daily notes in addition to informing the person in charge of the shift;
- Providing support and advice to resident’s family and friends, keeping them informed at an appropriate level with due regard to the constraints of confidentiality;
- Working with the Activities Team to develop group and 1:1 activities that will be engaging and of interest to the residents;
- Liaising with other agencies as required in the interests of the resident, for example GP, Social Services, Occupational Therapist, etc.
We’d love you to be NVQ/QCF 2 qualified with experience of providing care but it’s your values that are more important to us.
In return we offer an hourly rate of £9.70 (£10.05 with NVQ Level 2) enhanced rates for working Bank Holidays, 5.6 weeks days holiday (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 6 weeks with five years service. In addition we provide full training and continuing personal development including the opportunity to undertake an NVQ/QCF, a free uniform, free DBS check, paid breaks and free meals when on duty.
We believe in supporting the people who work for us by providing access to an Employee Assistance Scheme which offers access to advice on all manner of issues as well as access to telephone and face-to-face counselling.
If you believe in treating people as individuals and are passionate about providing care with dignity and respect, and want to join a team that is headed up by a committed and passionate manager, then we would love to hear from you.