|Category:||R&D or Science||Recruiter Reference:||523283|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||Competitive|
About Moy Park
Moy Park is one of the UK’s top 15 food companies and one of Europe’s leading poultry producers. Moy Park is the European Division of Pilgrim’s Pride and employs over 12,000 people across 12 manufacturing locations in the UK, France and Holland.
People of Moy Park
We are passionate about our people and recognise our teams, along with their individual drive and passion, are the reason for our continued success. This is your opportunity to join a forward-thinking, exciting business- applying to join our business is easy.
- To carry out analytical testing and all supporting procedures, within the scope of their laboratory as required by Laboratory Management with due regard to safety, accuracy and with minimal delay, allowing for appropriate short-notice prioritisation of samples. Participation in internal and external QA's and relevant proficiency testing as and when required.
- Work to the Laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures, CLAS and UKAS ISO 17025 requirements.
- Undertake any project and validation work or specific responsibilities as given by Laboratory Management.
- To promote team spirit in all laboratory areas.
- Continue to develop requisite skills and knowledge by participating in training and development opportunities
- Assist with practical training programmes for all levels of staff, and to work to timescales to ensure staff progress through the programme at a pace commensurate with their learning capacity as guided by Laboratory Management
- Assist with quality system requirements as allocated by the Quality Manager, and to complete this work within given timescales
- Advise Laboratory Management on low stocks of consumables,
- To ensure all data generated by themselves is managed through the laboratory smoothly and contains all the information necessary to allow a true and accurate interpretation of results. The information must be completed / data entered within deadlines of work completion and to accreditation standards.
- To take responsibility where given for reporting / reacting to out of specification results. This may be internally to Laboratory Management and/or to other internal stakeholders throughout the company.
- Take responsibility for keeping their work area clean and tidy and to ensure cleanliness of equipment and other general areas of the laboratory by applying cleaning schedules correctly and within time scales given. Ensure there are no contraventions of H&S principles.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- Work within the Laboratory Shift Pattern as required
- Work overtime when required - this may include weekends and bank holidays.
What you’ll need
- A level or above in a science related subject or relevant laboratory experience.
- Ability to work with the team and to contribute ideas and innovation at meetings to meet budget and business demands.
- Computer Skills
- Good communication skills internally and with trading partners.
- Customer orientated to meet demands of customer requirements.
Good organisational skills to ensure efficient throughput of workload on a daily basis.
Perks of Moy Park
- Competitive salary
- Above statutory holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Continuous training provided
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted employee shop
- Life cover
- Shopping discounts