|Category:||Education / Training / Instruction||Recruiter Reference:||539228|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||Fulltime Salary per annum: £80,000 (salary will be pro rata for part-time posts) Hours/FTE: 35 hours per week, 1 FTE Contract Type: Permanent |
We are currently recruiting two Vice Principals to make a significant contribution to the leadership and development of the College. The investment in these roles by NCG recognises the progress the College is making in responding to the skills, education and training needs of one of the most dynamic and important parts of the nation’s capital.
As a member of the Principalship, and in close collaboration with the Principal and other members of the Principalship, advise on strategic direction for curriculum development and delivery, the student experience and College resources.
Ensure consistently high standards of teaching, learning and skills acquisition throughout the College and promote excellence in learning and students’ progress.
Ensure the planning and provision of consistently high-quality College support services.
The post holder is to also lead and manage the performance management process for the College.
To be the designated Safeguarding Officer and lead on Prevent.
- To ensure students have access to high-quality and consistent support and advice throughout their time at the College.
- To implement effective mechanisms for monitoring student progression and performance.
- To develop and lead on all forms of guidance provided to students from pre-enrolment through to achievement of qualifications, with a specific responsibility for ensuring students secure appropriate destinations.
- To lead the development and delivery of outstanding access to resources within the College, including access to the VLE and learning centres.
- To ensure learner voice is gathered and used to drive improvements across the College.
- To lead the curriculum and operational planning processes. Ensure the curriculum model is efficient and effective in meeting strategic aims and key priorities.
- To ensure the continuous development and improvement of the curriculum offer to meet the needs and expectations of students and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that targets for learner recruitment are achieved and secure growth in student numbers over time.
- To plan and manage the College’s curriculum which has a focus on the achievement of qualifications and students’ progression alongside the development of students’ personal qualities. Keeping a focus on labour market intelligence to meet student and market requirements.
- Successfully held a senior management role in the FE and HE sectors.
- Significant experience at senior management level within education.
- Experience of driving quality improvement to achieve and maintain an outstanding provision.
- A track record of leading, managing and maintaining a process of continuous improvement through performance management.
- A proven track record of working to ensure successful curriculum development in FE, HE and Apprenticeships.
- Experience of leading and developing teams to deliver excellent performance.
- Previous experience of working in building, supporting and managing a successful high performing team.
- Recent or ongoing experience as an Ofsted inspector or nominee.