|Category:||Quality Assurance or Safety||Recruiter Reference:||SDX/TP/RF4945/CS|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||up to £45,000 + bonus + flexible benefits|
Due to a very exciting internal move, a great opening has become available for a qualified and experienced Health & Safety professional to join our team on a high-profile pharmaceutical account looking after EHS on 6 sites.
You should be qualified with a proven track record in EHS management with excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills on all levels. Presentation skills are highly desirable.
We offer a great team and a great account, a salary up to £45,000 with a bonus, flexible benefits package and excellent development and progression opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
- Maintain an effective relationship with the Safeguard and corporate EHS groups and regulatory authorities as required
- Maintain communication with key Sodexo and client personnel, monitoring EHS and food safety performance (via contractual and Sodexo required metrics) and providing support, advice and expertise to operational teams at all levels
- Provide expertise in Heath, Safety, Environment, Sustainability, Food Hygiene and Business Risk and advice and consultancy for Sodexo employees at the client’s sites
- Perform audits of EHS compliance for all IFM services which Sodexo provide to the client. These services include Distribution and Logistics, Document Solutions, GMP cleaning, Pest control, Lab services, Records services Catering, contract management and facilities management
- Work with the Client’s and Sodexo teams to investigate, analyse root-causes and implement corrective actions where EHS deficiencies are discovered
- Present EHS related topics to Sodexo and Client’s management and produce reports as required
- Conduct training in EHS topics to the wider Sodexo operations team and third parties where necessary.
- Oversee various processes (e.g. training, change control, risk management, third party management) to ensure compliance to relevant standards
- Formulate, implement, monitor and review EHS plans (including the setting of objectives, agreeing priorities and establishing adequate systems for performance management) to ensure implementation of legislative requirements and best practice
- Promote and develop a health, safety, environment and sustainability culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities
- Manage Business Continuity processes and support testing of Business Continuity Plans
About The Company
- Qualifications: A minimum of NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Sustainability legislation & best practice.
- Candidates should have a solid grounding and practical experience of working in a highly regulated environment. The candidate should also have a good background in auditing
- Sets and meets challenging goals & seeks long term improvement
- Reporting: Ability to write persuasive and effective reports and communications, which clearly define finding and their causes, and recommendations made
- Deductive Skills: Must possess sound deductive skills. The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyse information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable alternative solutions to be question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative
- As this role interacts with senior client’s representatives, and senior Sodexo staff, excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required, with an ability to recognise the values within different cultures and acknowledge different ways of working
- Excellent IT skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Full UK driving license
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process