|Category:||Purchasing or Procurement||Recruiter Reference:||cardfac/TP/65/3471|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||Competitive Salary + Benefits Package |
Join our fantastic GettingPersonal.co.uk team as a Buyer. This role is largely home-based.
Getting Personal, now based in Wakefield, is a market-leading online personalised gift retailer and part of the Card Factory Group. Created in November 2005 with a pioneering personalised calendar, Getting Personal has experienced substantial growth and now offers over 4,000 unique personalised products across a variety of gifting and non-gifting categories.
As a Buyer, you will take the lead in developing the product proposition to drive sales and profit growth and to maintain our position as the market leader in personalised products.
The Ideal Candidate
- Contribute to the development of the brand’s product strategy by providing detailed analysis, market insights and recommendations;
- Analyse range performance to identify opportunities to improve sales and margin;
- Manage the product range, identifying gaps and opportunities for new products and managing the lifecycle of existing products;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to ensure we are first to market with new products;
- Negotiate and maintain the best cost prices across all in-house and 3rd party products to maximise margin;
- Build range plans to support seasonal gifting events and the development of new and existing categories;
- Brief the Studio/Design Team to develop innovative in-house products;
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to source stand-out new products;
- Source and maintain licensed products/designs;
- Work collaboratively with marketers and web merchandisers to trade existing products and to ensure new products are given appropriate levels of visibility on-site and through advertising/promotional activity;
- Set pricing strategies then monitor sales performance and competitor pricing and adjust where appropriate;
- Liaise with Stock Co-ordinator to maximise availability and keep the wider teams informed of any stock issues;
- Attend trade shows and buying trips and monitor the market and competitor activity to ensure we stay ahead of the game and capitalise on emerging trends.
About The Company
- You will have at least 3 years online buying experience (gift buying would be advantageous);
- Strong negotiation skills to maintain best cost prices;
- You are a highly analytical individual;
- Will have advanced excel skills;
- You will actively monitor current and emerging trends;
- Prior experience working with 3rd party suppliers.
This role may sometimes involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between-group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
You can visit Getting Personal’s website at https://www.gettingpersonal.co.uk/
Visit Getting Personal's Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/gettingpersonal/
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.