|Category:||Quality Assurance or Safety||Recruiter Reference:||SDX/TP/RF4848/CS|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||£38000 - £40000|
Are you a Health and Safety professional with experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment? Do you have experience delivering complex HSE training, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels?
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our team at our client site in Yeovil. You will support the Safety Management System on site, providing practical, technical safety support to Supervisors and Managers through specialist skill in systems and processes.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment, with a Health & Safety Management qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above.
The Ideal Candidate
- Undertaking the development, review, delivery and evaluation of HSE training (Client site & Off-Site locations)
- Undertaking risk assessment reviews or developing new assessments as directed.
- Undertaking SSoW reviews or developing new SSoW as directed.
- Provide pragmatic advice to the client or contract staff in relation to inquiries over the application of the SMS.
- Assist in the course of normal duties with the development and maintenance of a comprehensive HSE management control system
- Assist in the implementation of Health, Safety & Environment Policies, Procedures and controlled documentation iaw the requirements of the LHUK Safety Manual.
- Assist in the implementation and future use of the HSE Electronic Management System from an ‘end user’ perspective.
- Participate in HSE internal audits in line with the HSE audit programme and assist in the development of analysis and interpretation / presentation of findings.
- Deliver HSE Training
About The Company
- Health & Safety Management qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing / engineering environment.
- A recognised national framework training qualification, eg, PTTLS/CTTLS/DTTLS/PGCE with experience of delivering complex HSE training
- Knowledge of UK statutory regulations in respect of health, safety & environment.
- Practitioner experience of any or all of the following – online safety systems & processes, manufacturing methods; factory services, construction, maintenance & facilities requirements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Budgetary awareness
- Computer literacy across company systems and soft-ware to undertake analysis and the generation of professional reports.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process