|Category:||Accounting / Finance||Recruiter Reference:||accomplish/TP/49/1388|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||up to £45,000 per annum dependant upon experience|
Group Financial Accountant – Rubery, South Birmingham – Up to £45,000 dependent upon experience
At accomplish we specialise in outcome focused support for people with Mental Health Needs, Learning Disabilities, Autism and Acquired Brain Injuries. Not just limited to the day to day, we like to move mountains for the people we support and ensure they live the lives they want to.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our busy Finance Team based in Rubery, South Birmingham. This is a pivotal role within the business that will require occasional UK travel to our services depending upon the needs of the business.
As Group Financial Accountant you will:
- Be responsible for the preparation of the Group and subsidiary financial statements and corporate tax returns.
- Strive to ensure audit reports are clean and addresses any control weaknesses identified.
- Work with the wider team to deliver the month end management accounts report to the Board by set deadlines.
- Be an advisor to the business on technical matters and emerging issues.
- Oversea the balance sheet reconciliations to ensure all accounts are routinely reconciled.
- Be the lead point of contact with the Group’s auditors and tax advisors
- Liaise with investors and lenders in a professional manner and builds trust and rapport.
- Be the respected go-to person on technical queries whilst working effectively as part of the wider team, fostering strong working relationships.
- Coach junior staff as they develop through the business.
- Monitor and develop controls and processes to ensure outputs are accurate and auditors can place reliance on our financial controls environment.
- Champion the business financial policies and procedures.
We are looking for a Group Financial Accountant that:
- Is a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similarly recognised accreditation).
- Has a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience with one of the Big 4.
- Is experienced working with multi-company groups and consolidations.
- Experience of working with PE backed organisations preferred
- Has experience of acquisition accounting and producing completion accounts
- Has demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced organisation
To succeed in the role, you will need to be:
- Technically strong with a desire to continually develop skills and experience.
- Commercially astute with excellent attention to detail and commitment to deliver accurate information right first time.
- Well organised and self-motivated with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Accurate with an excellent command of written English with copy accuracy.
- Professional and confident with an outgoing personality to be able to work with a wide range of support centre and operational staff up to Director level.
- Able to maintain a positive “can do” attitude, willing to go the extra mile to the tasks at hand.
When joining accomplish, you will have access to a great range of benefits including:
- A Competitive Salary – up to £45,000 per annum dependent upon experience
- Pension – 3% contribution under the workplace pension scheme
- Annual leave - 25 holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Duvet Days – get rewarded for coming into work with an extra day off for full attendance
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via our Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn up to £1,000 for referring a new member of staff
- Employee of the Month – each month we recognise staff from each area of the business for their hard work and commitment
- Long Service Awards – receive 2 weeks extra annual leave and 2 weeks’ pay for reaching 10 years’ service!
- Health Scheme – employees can opt into paying for a cash healthcare plan through their salary. This enables employees to claim back money towards general day to day healthcare such as opticians and dentists
Apply now or get in touch on 0300 124 0117 for more details