|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:|
New Year, New Job, New You, New Care!
At Formby Manor Care Centre, Formby, Liverpool we are seeking to appoint a Wellbeing Coordinator to join our team. To deliver and support other staff in the running of activities and be an example of best practice to others who provide activities in the home, placing great value on social contact and companionship. Engage actively by engaging with the local community and fostering and developing meaningful relationships both in and out of the home. We have a FULLTIME contract available with a competitive salary!
· Create ongoing weekly activity programmes that ensure a wide range of opportunities are available to stimulate the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of all residents.
· Provide an innovative programme so that residents can achieve extraordinary things, within their capabilities.
· Coordinator staff to deliver activities, based on their personal skills and interests.
· Ensure a life story and Wellbeing and Activity plan is in place for each resident and that the plan is regularly reviewed.
· Ensure adequate and up to date risk assessments are in place for all events and activities planned and undertaken.
· Provide supervision and coaching of the Wellbeing Assistant.
· Understand the needs of people with the various conditions residents have in the home.
· Take responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
· Experience of working with older people is essential.
· Experience of delivering an activity programme is essential.
· Evidence of the ability to assess, plan and evaluate the activity needs of older people is essential.
· The ability to work individually and in a team is essential.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and handle emergency situations effectively.
· Be creative, imaginative and enthusiastic and have the ability to forward plan.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
· Bank holiday enhancements
· 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
· Paid DBS
· Uniform provided
· Paid training
· Refer a friend referral scheme
· Excellent induction programme for new starters
· A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
· Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
· A competitive rate of pay
· Cycle to work scheme
· Wellbeing programmes
· Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
· Ongoing career development
· Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
· Christmas Bonuses
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.
This position is subject to a DBS check