|Category:||Sales / Business Development||Recruiter Reference:||OM/MM/DMB4/Craigmillar/3105/HD|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||£33,232|
Deputy Managers at Home Bargains develop their team to achieve store targets and deliver the best store standards for our customers.
Deputy Managers are required to successfully complete the Store Management Induction within the first 6 weeks of starting. This is a comprehensive 6 week programme which is completed via our online learning platform. This means that:
- The training is led by you
- You are supported throughout by your Store Manager and the Training Team
- Your induction is a blended approach with the majority of your learning being completed on the shop floor
On successful completion of your induction your Store Manager will continue with your ongoing development in store.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Invest: Grow with Us store management training programme
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Staff uniform
- 10% store discount
- Access to social and sporting events
MyHB employee benefits platform with access to:
- Retail and leisure discounts plus hundreds more
- Free Financial Advice
- Bank your savings into an ISA
- 24/7 confidential counselling and advice line
- Low cost voluntary insured health plans
Minimum Criteria To Apply
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment for your store colleagues and customers
- Work with your management team to agree and set achievable performance and development goals for store colleagues
- Review and manage Store Colleague and Team Leader performance
- Support your management team with recruitment and selection activities of your store team
- Ensure your team is up-to-date on store ways of working, standards and compliance
- Coach and support your team to enable them to deliver on store priorities while delivering excellent store and compliance standards
- Deliver and regularly review immediate and short term store performance priorities with your Store Manager
- Support on planning and communicating store promotions and initiatives
- Provide suggestions and action priorities to maximise store space to promote our products
- Ensure colleagues deliver our merchandising standards
- Experience of supervising medium sized retail teams in a fast-moving retail environment to achieve significantly high weekly sales targets
- Experience of working in and managing a varied range of retail categories
- Demonstrate the following competencies:
- Prioritise and organise work
- Customer focus
- Communicate effectively
- Manage teams
- Problem solve
- Develop talent
- Commercially astute
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.
About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started 45 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 580 stores we have over 5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 1,000 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) with a typical annual turnover of £3 - 5m per store - and we wouldn't have it any other way!