|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||Competitive|
As an Engineering Shift Leader you will:
- Lead an engineering shift team to create a high performing culture where team members are motivated, engaged, and supported to develop and achieve their potential.
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering team to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising machinery up time
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
- Lead the engineering team to create a high performing culture; including setting team/individual expectations, leading by example, encouraging and supporting to achieve their potential and ensuring policies are upheld
- Ensure the accurate and timely documentation of shift activities & performance, escalation of relevant events as required, real time use of CMMS, completion of relevant reports, root cause analysis studies and active contribution to daily meetings
Shift Patter: 4 on 4 off rotating days and nights
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our Warrington site is also known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-Op
What we’re looking for
- Hold a mechanical or electrical engineering qualification gained through a time served apprenticeship or study, ideally at NVQ L3
- Knowledge of permit systems, risk assessments and method statements
- Supervisory experience
- Have practical experience of fault finding on various types of manufacturing machinery
- Display PLC Awareness and fault finding capabilities
- Understand how to maintain Engineering Systems within a manufacturing environment
- Food or wider FMCG Manufacturing Experience is desirable
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.