|Category:||Food Manufacturing||Recruiter Reference:||greencore/TP/109682/9969|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||Competitive|
Shift pattern: Wednesday-Saturday rotating Thursday-Saturday, 6am-6pm
To verify that raw material preparation, manufacturing production and product storage/distribution is compliant with food safety, legal and customers’ quality standards
- Sample, test, audit and monitor to verify that all processes, procedures and products are being manufactured in a safe and compliant manner
- Conduct verification checks to ensure equipment is suitably calibrated to comply with required standards
- Complete all necessary documentation ensuring that it is kept accurate and ready for internal and external audits and highlighting when non-conformance requires corrective action
- Provide guidance and coaching to other departments e.g. operations, engineering to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
- Collect all relevant samples, with adherence to procedures and protocols, to ensure quality, safety and legality of products sampled
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all colleagues and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the safety, health and environment policy
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Spalding, we have a team of around 540 colleagues. We produce coleslaw, potato salad, salad bar bulk products (2kg), pasta salads and couscous/grains for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Morrisons, Co-op, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury’s, KFC, Nando’s, Pizza Hut and Costco. Our Spalding site has a restaurant with hot food available to all our colleagues.
What we’re looking for
- Previous experience in an auditing role or within FMCG manufacturing desirable
- GCSE or equivalent standard; numerate and literate
- Basic Computer literate for standard office practices
- Health and Safety - level Two
- Allergen Awareness; Understanding of risk
- GMP; Knowledge of techniques
- Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
- Basic disinfection principles (desirable)
- Basic legal labelling practice (desirable)
- Basic weight legislation (desirable)
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.