|Category:||Purchasing or Procurement||Recruiter Reference:||greencore/TP/196/9889|
|URL for Applications:||Apply Here||Salary:||Competitive|
To have full responsibility for vegetables sourcing across the whole business, ensuring that performance delivers against Procurement and Functional plans, targets, and strategies. To support Commercial on broad customer engagement topics, providing procurement insight and expertise on inflation recovery and cost mitigation opportunities.
- Lead on all procurement activity for the material group to ensure that the total cost of the portfolio is managed efficiently and effectively. with rigorous attention to detail on PV, financial forecasting, rebates, cash management, credit & counterparty risk, and GPE delivery
- Formulate and implement a vegetables sourcing strategy to ensure that business strategies & performance targets are achieved and ensure cross functional agreement with plan.
- Stakeholder engagement with Commercial teams, including regular market updates/commentary, and support of inflation recovery in your area of expertise, including direct dialogue with customer where necessary.
- Stakeholder engagement with Commercial teams including support of broad inflationary requests (insight and expertise), cost out/mitigation opportunities, customer meetings, and commodity model management.
- Attend internal commercial meetings where necessary
- Stakeholder engagement with Operational teams (including Technical and Sustainability) to ensure correct levels of Quality and Inbound Service levels are achieved. Develop strong working relationships with GM and Supply Chain teams.
- Ensure appropriate governance and risk management
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
What we’re looking for
- Degree calibre.
- Detailed knowledge of procurement systems and processes.
- Strong negotiation experience.
- High level knowledge of vegetables category.
- Microsoft Office Proficient
- Good understanding of food manufacture, process, and suppliers.
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Car allowance
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Life insurance up to 4x salary
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.