|Category:||Food Manufacturing||Recruiter Reference:||AUDFOR|
|URL for Applications:||Salary:|
Main Duty / Responsibility:
• To provide a factory auditing function within the factory against all site policies and procedures.
• Ensure all necessary fabrication and food safety audits are completed within the allotted timescales.
• Provide cover support for traceability’s in the absence of either the Technical Manager or Food Technologist.
• Carry out frequent documented factory audits ensure that all procedures and policies relating to safety, legality and quality issues are monitored.
• Monitor safety, legality and quality issues relating to raw material, WIP, finished goods and environmentally in production, through technical testing and non-conformances monitoring (follow-up and close out).
• Working closely alongside the Technical Manager and Food Technologist, providing cover where necessary
• Work closely with other team members, and also under one’s own initiative to maintain company QMS and meet customer expectations.
• Have strong self-motivation and a desire to help drive quality and technical codes of practice throughout the business.
• Provide support to all other departments within the production area.
• Ensure daily quality issues, i.e. audit of specifications, are followed up and dealt with by relevant management
• Ensure internal audits (including traceability exercises) are carried out in a timely manner.
• Carry out regular reviews and investigation on the feedstock’s present on the quarantine list
• Monitoring Technical document control, issue and withdraw when required;
• Carry out regular traceability exercises, ensuring supplier compliance from raw material to finished product.
• Maintaining and organising the storage of paperwork, documents and computer based information;
• Ad hoc duties and tasks as required.
• Must demonstrate drive and passion for food.
• Demonstrate resilience, be enthusiastic and motivated with a “can do will do” approach
• Must lead by example, enjoy work and encourage others to do the same.
• Excellent communicator and relationship builder with junior staff, external clients, regulators, suppliers and management peers.
• Highly organised
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Flexible approach demonstrating the ability to multitask
• Strong influencing skills
Skills and Experience
• Suitable Excel and typographical skills
• Relevant experience and/or degree in Food or related subject
• Ability to highlight route cause analysis and communicate prevention methods to Managers
• A keen eye for detailed and to quickly identify an issues
• Trained in food safety and hazard analysis
• Knowledge and aware of HACCP, BRC, and GMP’s
• Ability to self-manage one’s own workload and time
The hours are 7-4 however there may be occasion that the person has to do 6-2 or 8-5 dependent on needs of business but predominantly 7-4.
This company started in 2006 since then their turnover has grown to circa £300m per annum and they employ 1,200 at our state of the art operation in Normanton. This company slice and pack cooked meats. They are dynamic, driven and totally focused on satisfying their customer from start to finish; from innovative product development right through to consumer feedback and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
So if you are looking to develop your career within a fast moving business and you have the skills and experience my client require we will be delighted to receive your application.
Unity Personnel are acting as an Employment Agency in respect of this role.